The system comprises:
- Secondary electron/iondetector assembly
- Computer controlled power supply and cables
- High gain up to 6×107 @ 3 kV ensures maximum detection sensitivity
- Multiplier has exceptional performance with high-gain stability and low noise
- Not sensitive to light as is the case with photo-multiplier types
- Simple procedure for replacement of channeltron
SED Power Supply
Digitally controlled analogue filter
Provides user programmable signal filtering over a wide range of frequencies.
Full RS232 computer control with polled monitoring of unit status.
The unit is able to support switching the detector between positive ion or negative electron detection mode, automatically setting the optimum voltage potentials for each mode.
Slowscan / TV rate
Capable of handling slowscan generated signals up to and including TV rate imaging. Anti-aliasing filters, Black level clamping and a selectable auto gain control are employed to ensure a stable and optimised composite video signal.
Intended for measuring sample currents complete with auto ranging and an analogue output monitor for connection to an external meter if required.
Software Control Interface
|Mains input:||85 – 265 Vac|
|Vacuum Interlock:||Ground link|
|Sample Current Input:||10 pA to 200 μA auto-ranging|
|Signal Input:||75 Ω, 1 V peak-to-peak|
|Composite Sync Input:||TTL|
|Grid:||< 500 V|
|Detector Front:||500 V / -3700 V|
|Detector Back:||0 V / 3500 V|
|Pre-amp Rails:||12 Vdc|
|Scan Amp Rails:||15 Vdc / 5 Vdc / < 220 V|
|Black Level:||0 to 2 V|
|Current Monitor:||2 V f.s.d.|
|Signal O/P:||75 Ω, 0 to 1 V, raw/filtered/composite-selectable|
|Framegrabber O/P:||Sync signals / preamp signal|